Saturday 4 August 2007

A Brazilian in London - Interview


Leticia Lobão was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in 1979. She holds a degree in History from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, (UFRJ). She came to London in 2005 and went back to Brazil in 2006 only to return a few months later to the UK, but this time as the fiancé of the Hungarian Norbert and with the wedding celebration around the corner to take place on British soil. Leticia has been living in south London, in a location, which is exactly 23 minutes away by train from Black Friars Bridge station. She does not know when or whether she will be going back to Brazil.

What is you earliest memory?

I remember of having watched on TV the first Rock in Rio, in 1985, on my mum’s lap when I was around five years old. I was eating Mabel (an old Brazilian sweet brand) doughnuts – which are as old as my memories – dipped in double cream. I think I understood the concert because I remember I liked it. We watched Queen’s gig and I still like it nowadays, but not enough to go for a night out at the We Will Rock You (musical showing at West Wend)

What is you greatest fear?

I am scared of death.

Which living person do you most admire, and why?

Luis Fernando de Simone. He is a genius who knows precisely what he wants, despite of being a pianist in Brazil

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

I am critical, too critical in fact.

What was your most embarrassing moment?

Well, there is sort of one, but you cannot really publish it. We do not usually want the embarrassing episodes of our life to be divulgated, do we? All I can say is that it is related to sex.

What is your favourite word?

Justice


Where would you like to live?

At Rio de Janeiro, the best city in the world.

What is the first thing that crosscut your mind when you think of London?

Money and Capitalism

What makes you depressed?

Estagnation

When did you last cry, and why?

Yesterday, because I missed Brazil

What words or phrases do you most overuse?


Not. I am very pessimistic.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?

My backpacking trip around Europe was a great personal achievement.

What keeps you awake at night?


Nothing. Not even my father’s death managed to disrupt my sleep.

How would you like to be remembered?

The best friend, historian, lover...

No comments: